On Thursday 28/6/2018, Cogniturn PC conducted a WiW seminar in cooperation with El-Translations company, which, for over a decade, provides high quality translation and conference interpretation services and also offers professional training for translators, teachers and internship opportunities.
The World in Words seminar was conducted to a group of 9 Teachers of the English Language as foreign language in Chalandri, prefecture of Attica, Greece, in the premises of EL-Translations, and aimed to:
• present the WiW platform
• discuss with them their opinions on Online Learning
• get feedback on the WiW platform and its offered features
The presentation of the WiW platform up to now, was followed by an in-depth discussion on the methods and tools Teachers in Greece are using in order to strengthen the Vocabulary skills of their students and the importance of the Internet.
Current Situation in Greece
• The plurality of teachers understand the value and learning possibilities of the Internet, although they do not know how to look for valuable online tools.
• Most of their adult students require help in Business English, especially in the Vocabulary, since they need it in their everyday jobs (Self-employed people or employees in companies that deal with foreign countries)
General conclusions on the platform:
• All Teachers managed to sign-up easily to the platform
• They found the categorization of the existing Vocabulary into 5 themes correct, but they noted that in the near future they would like to see more categories such as Medical, Legal vocabulary.
• Creating a quiz was fun for them, quick and easy and they said that more words should be added, once the project is finished and launched.
• They would all like to get informed when the final version is ready in order to see the games we told them that will be added
• They would consider to check it with their students.
Yes for Europe, European confederation for Young entrepreneurs invites you to a Beer networking in which we will learn about innovative projects like WORLD IN WORDS, entrepreneurship, meet interesting people and share ideas and best practices in a good atmosphere and with a nice catering. (Press release)read more...
A WiW seminar, which was conducted on 19/4/2018 in Athens-Greece, aimed at informing academics and entrepreneurs from different fields about the platform that will enable them and help them to further develop their English language communication skills in terms of vocabulary. (Press release)read more...