“Almond Vocational Link” organized a multiplier event for the “World in Words” project on the 7th of November 2018 Entrepreneurs, refugees and migrants, where 47 people in total participated.
Stephen J Childe ( Associate Professor of Operations Management at Plymouth Business School ) gave a short introduction on the importance of Business English, followed by Janet Wonnacott ( Managing Director of Almond Vocational Link) who gave a brief description on the project. Then, Rosemary Yellop (English Teacher) demonstrated the games on the online platform.
Participants showed real interest in the project and filled in their names and emails in order to becoming pilots for the project.
On Thursday 28/6/2018, Cogniturn PC conducted a WiW seminar in cooperation with El-Translations company, which, for over a decade, provides high quality translation and conference interpretation services and also offers professional training for translators, teachers and internship opportunities.
The World in Words seminar was conducted to a group of 9 Teachers of the English Language as foreign language in Chalandri, prefecture of Attica, Greece, in the premises of EL-Translations, and aimed to:
• present the WiW platform
• discuss with them their opinions on Online Learning
• get feedback on the WiW platform and its offered features
The presentation of the WiW platform up to now, was followed by an in-depth discussion on the methods and tools Teachers in Greece are using in order to strengthen the Vocabulary skills of their students and the importance of the Internet.
Current Situation in Greece
• The plurality of teachers understand the value and learning possibilities of the Internet, although they do not know how to look for valuable online tools.
• Most of their adult students require help in Business English, especially in the Vocabulary, since they need it in their everyday jobs (Self-employed people or employees in companies that deal with foreign countries)
General conclusions on the platform:
• All Teachers managed to sign-up easily to the platform
• They found the categorization of the existing Vocabulary into 5 themes correct, but they noted that in the near future they would like to see more categories such as Medical, Legal vocabulary.
• Creating a quiz was fun for them, quick and easy and they said that more words should be added, once the project is finished and launched.
• They would all like to get informed when the final version is ready in order to see the games we told them that will be added
• They would consider to check it with their students.
Yes for Europe, European confederation for Young entrepreneurs invites you to a Beer networking in which we will learn about innovative projects like WORLD IN WORDS, entrepreneurship, meet interesting people and share ideas and best practices in a good atmosphere and with a nice catering. (Press release)read more...
“YES for Europe” organized a multiplier event for the “World in Words” project on the 15th of May 2018 for students from the EHSAL Management School, young people from Belgian associations (Captitant Brussels), intra- entrepreneurs, who are currently working in Brussels, like Finnova, ADITECH, Berola Consulting, Lavorationi Plastize, and Members of the Government (Navarra’s Government, the European Comission and HUB).
During the event, 4 guest speakers had very interesting presentations on how business English is needed for a professional life and how important are entrepreneurs for the European Finance. Also, there were presentations based on the Europeans grants that are available for young people starting businesses.
The event was completed with networking between speakers and participants, discussing how interesting the tool is and how different it is from other platforms in the market, as this one is primarily focused on Business English.